COMMODITY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Reports to: Source Director and Commodity Manager
Location: Livermore, CA
Position Type: Full Time
We’re looking for a goal-oriented Commodity Administrative who thrives on being successful. Grow your career within the produce industry. Develop, implement, and maintain a commodity strategy that supports a company’s supply chain. Meet demand for annual growth targets. Evaluate market conditions in order to maintain inventory levels and control cost. We have an excellent opportunity for you to make a difference, hit the ground running, and build a career with us.
This position is responsible for developing, communicating and executing sourcing strategies for a specific commodity or commodities. Interaction with sales, growing team/value team to achieve company objectives and this person must understand the constantly changing supply markets and navigate effectively to achieve success.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Understand The Produce Exchange needs and assist to develop sourcing strategy to successfully satisfy those needs.
- Coordinate vendor appointments and assist in setting up schedule travel and meetings.
- Build relationship with current vendor base.
- Possess a creative eye and ability to pick out trends.
- Keep current with industry trends.
- Prepare and present regular supplier quality reports, price competitiveness and market trend analysis.
- Management of Ad tracker – maintains and update as necessary.
- Maintain and communicate purchasing plans and assemble department sales history.
- Ensure commodities supply is available to operations personnel at all times.
- Familiarity with industry prices and marketing practices.
- Negotiate with vendor for better pricing.
- Assist the accounting department to resolve problems.
- Submit completed files and samples for purchase order processing
- Communicate packing planning and execution.
- Facilitate communication between departments.
- A.A. or higher degree preferred
- 1+ years of experience in an administrative sales/buyer assistant role.
- Some produce/agriculture industry and/or produce supply chain management knowledge or experience
- Must be comfortable working in a fast- paced, constantly evolving environment and exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Possess the ability to articulate the complexity of business needs and the capability to build/develop practical action plans based upon those needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and analytical skills are required.
- Must possess strong business acumen, encompassing the ability to see the “Big Picture” within a complex, multi-faced organization, and initiate change management with client groups.
- Must exhibit proactive qualities, be self-directed, and have experience in facilitating meetings by utilizing effective presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Proficient computer skills in the areas of e-mail, Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, etc. Required.
- A strong spirit of teamwork and cooperation and a proven ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills and the ability to apply logical and pragmatic communication approach are required.
- Proven leadership skills in leading, managing, and directing a team.
- Flexible travel to all company locations, tradeshows, and industry conferences as required.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Lift up to 20 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands
Competitive salary, bonus, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability. Please email or fax resume to 925-454-4217