Produce Sales Account Manager
Reports to: General Manager, Corporate Sales Manager
Location: Kent, WA
Position Type: Full Time
Plan, direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of produce commodities for the customer base at The Produce Exchange, Inc. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals. Analyze sales statistics gathered by the sales department to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
Primarily responsible for selling and promoting products and/or services to channel participants and/or end users. Works independently within an assigned territory or customer base. Manages all aspects of the selling process and relationships with partners and end users. Administers sales policies and programs to meet sales and profit goals for the territory. Demonstrates a deep understanding of the business processes and needs of channel participants and/or end users; assembles custom product/service offerings to meet needs.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage The Produce Exchange Inc., sales department to maximize and profitability for the division.
- Coordinate with the Lipman Mid-West Region on strategic sales initiatives.
- Formulate, plan, and implement sales strategies to create demand, opportunities, maximize market penetration and accelerate sales growth development upon business targets including sales and costs.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Well-developed set of selling, negotiation and account management skills and to adapt your style across the customer base.
- Proven business and commercial acumen, where full ownership of driving new and existing business opportunities is clearly demonstrated by leveraging Company capabilities.
- Ability to listen to specific customer/market needs and have the capability to convert customer problems to business opportunities.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.Determine price schedules and discount rates.
- Review operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Analyze market or delivery systems.
- Analyze sales activities or trends.
- Conduct market research.
- Maintain regular business contact with business partners/customers to build win-win business relationship and ability to coordinate and conduct forecasting pipeline business.
- Explore and identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement in sales and actively promote company’s produce commodities and image to the related customer’s market coverage.
- Conduct training meetings with sales department to gather feedback regarding present programs and products for improvement.
- Provide upper management with the necessary information to effectively make strategic decisions for the profitable growth of the company.
- Attend industry trade shows, conferences and operations sites as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in produce/agriculture industry / Food Industry or related sales environment.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast- paced, constantly evolving environment and exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Possess the ability to articulate the complexity of business needs and the capability to build/develop practical action plans based upon those needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and analytical skills are required.
- Must possess strong business acumen, encompassing the ability to see the “Big Picture” within a complex, multi-faced organization, and initiate change management with client groups.
- Must exhibit proactive qualities, be self-directed, and have experience in facilitating meetings by utilizing effective presentation skills.
- As an internal consultant, working directly on highly complex and strategic projects, this position requires a broad business perspective, encompassing a thorough understanding of business goals, vision and culture.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Proficient computer skills in the areas of e-mail, Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, etc. Required.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills and the ability to apply logical and pragmatic communication approach are required.
- Proven leadership skills in leading, managing, and directing a team.
- Flexible travel to all company locations, tradeshows, and industry conferences as required.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Lift up to 20 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands
Competitive salary, bonus, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability. Please email or fax resume to 925-454-4217