FOOD SAFETY SPECIALIST
Reports to: TBD
Location: Livermore, CA
Position Type: Full Time
We’re looking for a goal-oriented Food Safety Specialist who thrives on being successful. Grow your career within the produce industry. This position will support the execution and implementation of Lipman Produce/The Produce Exchange Food Safety Programs by providing general support and assuring operations is adhering to all applicable Food Safety Policies.
As a Food Safety Coordinator, you will be responsible for compliance of all food safety policies and regulations in our TPE facilities. This position also serves as the intermediary between Mexico grower partnerships and the Lipman Corporate Food Safety Team.
The successful candidate will have the ability to multi-task and take part in multiple projects. We are a very innovative and fast paced facility that will require a “hands on “approach and attitude to be successful in this position. As a leader in our industry, we strive for our management team to take ownership in our programs and facilities.
This position is located in Livermore, CA. Full Time, year-round, Monday – Friday, with occasional on-call weekends and holidays; occasional travel to San Diego, CA Kent, WA, Nogales, AZ, Mexico border states and other business operation regions will be required. Will work independently with limited supervision.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead integration of the current quality assurance and food safety processes into one integrated process. This includes HACCP system, regulatory audits, quality systems review process (QSR), standard operating procedures (SOP’s), incoming ingredient inspections, product scoring, food safety audits, field complaints, standardized work instructions.
- Coordinate Lipman Corporate Food Safety Standards with TPE locations and Mexico grower partnerships.
- Responsible for communication between TPE and Lipman Director of Food Safety.
- Ensure that all Quality Assurance and Food Safety programs and procedures are being implemented correctly.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations.
- Ability to increase and evaluate employee GMP's.
- Enforcing facility quality and food safety standards.
- Monitoring, enforcing, and further development of facility HACCP program.
- Follow all food Safety Requirements' and Good Manufacturing Practices as applicable to this position.
- Responsible for all employee training pertaining to food safety & GMP
- Perform or oversee monitoring, verification and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet food safety and quality standards.
- Ensure proper sanitation and maintenance of facility.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, food science, chemistry, or other related sciences.
- 3-5 years of experience in produce/agriculture industry and/or produce supply chain management.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred
- Internal auditing experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HAACP, GMPs, and GAPs.
- Knowledge of Federal Regulations regarding produce imports.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast- paced, constantly evolving environment and exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Possess the ability to articulate the complexity of business needs and the capability to build/develop practical action plans based upon those needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and analytical skills are required.
- Must possess strong business acumen, encompassing the ability to see the “Big Picture” within a complex, multi-faced organization, and initiate change management with client groups.
- Must exhibit proactive qualities, be self-directed, and have experience in facilitating meetings by utilizing effective presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Proficient computer skills in the areas of e-mail, Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, etc. Required.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills and the ability to apply logical and pragmatic communication approach are required.
- Proven leadership skills in leading, managing, and directing a team.
- Flexible travel to all company locations, tradeshows, and industry conferences as required.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands
- Work in hot and cold environments.
- Safely use food handling and sanitation chemicals and equipment to maintain department cleanliness standards and local, State and Federal agencies regulations and requirements.
Competitive salary, bonus, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability. Please email or fax resume to 925-454-4217